Friday, October 8, 2010

my first tkd tournament, tomorow!

i'm joining my very first Taekwondo Olympic style sparring tournament tomorow! In other words, it's a "full-contact fighting competition".

I'll be fighting at 16-18 age group and heavyweight class. I'm 81kg btw, yeah very fat!

I cannot describe how blardy nervous i am right now. Few more hours from now, i either go kick some ass or get ass-kicked!

Here's a few reminders for myself:


  1. wear my contacts! i can't fight with glasses
  2. watch 'Never Back Down' before fighting
  3. keep my a cool mind at all time
  4. never feel intimitated my other guys there
  5. WEAR A GROIN GUARD! gotta keep em safe
  6. before fighting, check the opponents height first. Best way to do that is go to him and shake his hand :)
  7. when fighting, keep the "drive", fight smart, try to read my opponents moves
  8. never hestitate when trying to execute kicks
  9. don't be afraid to get hit
  10. use my height advantage, try to kick the opponent in the head
  11. stay focus

that's all from me, i'm gonna go sleep now. Rest is important

No comments:

Post a Comment